Home & School Liaison / Social Worker
Student and Family Resource Specialist / Certified School Social Worker
Manheim Central provides social work services to its students and their families.
The Certified School Social Worker may assist families in areas such as:
Supporting families/students in accessing community supports/services.
- Addressing student/family needs in order to overcome barriers that can impact a student's ability to achieve academic success.
- Monitoring district attendance and truancy processes.
- Supporting and monitoring the McKinney Vento Act program as the Homeless Liaison.
- Ensures students reside in the district. Verifying district residency as needed.
The Certified School Social Worker office is located at Baron Elementary School.
The Student and Family Resource Specialist/Certified School Social Worker may assist Middle and High School students/families in areas such as:
- Ongoing support to address needs to help overcome barriers that can impact a student's ability to achieve academic success.
- Accessing community services/supports.
- Providing one-on-one support/check-ins with students.