Manheim Central Online Learning Academy
With the current state of COVID-19, Manheim Central School District recognizes many families are weighing their child’s educational options for the start of the 2020-2021 school year. If you are thinking of enrolling your child(ren) in an online education program in the coming year, consider the Manheim Central Online Learning Academy for any child in Grades K-12.
MCSD is committed to implementing strategies to enhance the education of our learners through the Manheim Central Online Academy (MCOA). The online learning experience allows for anytime-anywhere learning. The district is also committed to meeting the unique needs of each learner. For many, online learning will provide students with the opportunity they need to operate at their ideal best, specifically during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
We strongly believe in keeping our online learners involved through relationships, opportunities, and experiences. As such, Manheim Central learners may participate in school events, activities, and athletics. Additionally, all Manheim Central online courses are facilitated by a Manheim Central teacher which assists in enhancing the online learning experience. They also receive a Manheim Central diploma at the end of their senior year. If a learner wants to return to the physical classroom, we will work together to ensure a seamless transition back to one of our school buildings.
The Manheim Central Online Learning Academy provides an excellent online education using the following platforms at the various levels:
Grades K-5 – Accelerate Education
Grades 6-8 – Edison Learning
Grades 9-12 – Schoology, eDynamic, Edison Learning, Apex Learning
Benefits of Manheim Central Online Learning Academy vs. Cyber Charter Schools
- Manheim Central offers full-time and part-time online learning opportunities.
- Full-time online: A Learner is 100% online through Manheim Central and not enrolled in any ‘brick and mortar’ classes at Manheim Central.
- Part-time online: Some courses are taken online through the Manheim Central Online Academy, other courses taken in the ‘brick and mortar’ building face to face.
- Please note:
- Families will need to provide their own transportation for part-time online learners.
- The part-time online option is available for Grades 5-12 only.
- Learners earn a Manheim Central School District diploma and have access to Manheim Central staff for support.
- High level of communication from the District with each learner and parent/guardian regarding pacing, performance, and progress toward graduation.
- Ability to participate in all school district-sponsored sports, clubs, band, organizations, musicals, and plays; attend school district activities; and participate in Manheim Central’s commencement.
- Access to Manheim Central School District school counselor for academic planning, mental health support, and post-secondary planning.
- Ability to attend the Lancaster County Career & Technology Center program during junior and senior years.
- Access to Manheim Central’s online learning classrooms for in-person support at the secondary level.
- Ability to earn the same number of credits as a traditional Manheim Central High School student.
Manheim Central School District recognizes these are uncertain times, and we want to work together with families to reduce any barriers your child may be experiencing. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the K-12 Administrator of Online Learning, Zachary Bauermaster, at email@example.com or 717-664-8402.