Frequently Asked Questions
Continuity of Education
When will school reopen?
On August 31, 2020.
When are teachers available for questions/support?
Teachers are available to answer any questions you may have each day. Please reach out to your child’s learning facilitator with any questions you may have. The learning facilitator will respond to your question on the next school day. Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher should you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the learning activities provided for enrichment and review.
How will learners access online assignments?
Schoology is the district’s Learning Management System.
Are school counselors available for support services?
Are there resources to support seniors who are getting ready for college or a career?
Where can I find appropriate Social-Emotional Health resources to support my child?
Where can I find answers to my questions about Health or COVID-19?
My family is in need of additional resources and support during this time, is there someone that can help.
My child has special needs, how will their needs be met in a virtual environment?
Our goal is to provide appropriate and reasonable instruction through a good faith effort to make things as equitable as possible for all of our learners. Please contact our Supervisor of Special Education Mrs. Pamela Watts firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we log onto Schoology?
Elementary - How to log into Schoology using Clever
High School - How to log into Schoology
What should my learner(s) do if schoology isn’t working?
Schoology is experiencing unprecedented traffic from schools nationwide. They are adding more infrastructure daily but are still experiencing problems that may disrupt access for short periods of time. If you can’t connect, check their status page at https://status.schoology.com. It is also advisable to login to Schoology on off peak hours. Avoiding the 10:30 to 12:30 peak hour is recommended, Unfortunately, Manheim Central School District cannot speed up this outage process.
Where can I find my schoology password?
Please contact email@example.com
What can I do if I don’t have internet access at home?
Please see the list of internet options available in our district - Home Internet Solutions
How do I get technology support at home?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all technology issues. If you don't have access to email please call 717-664-1865.
Connect to Our Network
If your learners device needs to connect to our network. You can do so by going to Baron Elementary parking lot off of North Linden Street and connecting the device there.
Cleaning your Device
District issued devices and peripherals can be cleaned using isopropyl alcohol or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. You may gently wipe the display, keyboard, and other exterior surfaces.
Here are some tips that apply to all products.
- Shut down the device and unplug the power. Remove the battery if possible.
- Don’t spray your device directly. Avoid getting drips of moisture in any openings.
- Don't use bleach or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide that might damage the device.
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Never use paper fiber materials like a tissue or a paper towel which are abrasive.
Computers, tablets, and phones are made with a variety of materials. For personal devices consult the manufacturer’s website.
Computer not turning on
- Battery has died. Best way to identify this is to plug in the laptop and check the battery indicator light. If it is blinking amber then the battery has died. You will need to use the laptop while plugged in.
- Motherboard failure. No indicator lights will show on your laptop and it will not power on at all even when plugged in. The motherboard will need replaced and you will not be able to use the laptop.
- The laptop powers on, but the screen is very dim. The LCD cable needs to be reseated. You will need to use an external monitor until the cable can be fixed.
Google Chrome Sign-in
You can use Google Chrome on any device. You will just need to sign into Chrome with your @manheimcentral.net email. Turn on Sync/Link Data and all of your passwords and bookmarks will be waiting for you.
Microsoft OneDrive Sign-in
You can access your files on any device by siging into Microsoft OneDrive. You will need to use your @manheimcentral.org account to sign-in. Once you do, all of the files on your laptop will be available.
Plugged in not charging
Your laptop is plugged in and not charging. This issue could be several items.
- Your battery may only reach a certain percentage due to the life of the battery. As long as the laptop stays on after you unplug the laptop, you are fine. If the laptop shuts off after you unplug, the battery will need to be replaced and you will need to keep the laptop plugged in to use.
- Your charger is no longer functioning properly and will need to be replaced. You will need to keep the laptop plugged in to use.
- The DC power jack is broken. The part will need to be replaced, you will need to keep the laptop plugged in to use.